Trip at a Glance
Norman Wells, Northwest Territories, Canada
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Norman Wells, NWT
- The turquoise waters of the Keele wind through spectacular mountain scenery and easily accessible alpine slopes offering panoramic views for avid hikers.
- The miles of swifts and rapids are suitable for a wide range of paddling skills.
- As skills improve, paddlers can choose to release to the roller coaster waves on the outside bends for added thrills and excitement.
- The river grows larger as more tributaries enter and there may be sightings of caribou, moose, eagles and most surely Dall sheep with great fishing for both arctic grayling and bull trout.
- Rich in beauty and wildlife, offers the opportunity to step into an ancient wilderness sculpted by geological time and steeped in aboriginal history.