Lumbini is the birthplace of Buddha. It is situated 230 km away from Kathmandu in Rubandehi District of Southern Terai (lowland), at an altitude of 600 ft. above sea level. Lumbini, respected by all Buddhists. In 1998, Lumbini was declared as the Fountain of world peace and the pilgrimage for all the peace loving people of the world.
Some important places in Lumbini are:
• The Lumbini Garden : This is the site marked by a certain stone pillar erected by the Indian Emperor Ashoka at about 245 B.C. The most important discovery in this place is a stone marked to suggest the exact birthplace of Buddha.
• Mayadevi Temple : This temple, dedicated to the mother of lord Buddha- Maya Devi, was excavated a few years ago. Many sculptures and carving in which the figures and designs are only slightly projecting from their background are seen here.
• Pushkarni pond : This is the pond where Mayadevi is said to have had a bath before giving birth to Buddha.
• Ramagram : It is believed to be the maternal home of Buddha. This is where we can see the biggest stupa, with important relics. It is said that it was built around 600 B.C.
• Lumbini has many new monasteries occupied by different nations. Some notable ones are:
• The Myanmar temple was built with the contribution from Burmese Buddhist. The monastery is an attractive big white structural monument with a golden pinnacle soaring into the sky.
• The China temple, which is a very beautiful pagoda styled temple with many prayer and meditation cells.
• The Korean Temple is a beautifully set temple having many remarkable images of Buddha.
Besides these, there are others like the Nepal Buddhia Temple and the Dharmaswami Buddhist monastery. Other countries like Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. are also contributing to build more temples and monasteries.
Day 01 Arrival, Hotel Transfer, Sight seeing at Kathmandu Durbar square and
Living Goddess Kumari’s house.
Day 02 Sight seeing in Pashupati Nath, Bouddha Nath, Swoyambhu Nath, and
Patan Durbar Square.
Day 03 Fly to Shiddarthnagar, Hotel Transfer, Drive to Lumbini and
Day 04 Afternoon fly to Pokhara, Hotel transfer, Leisure walk
along Phewa lake and boating.
Day 05 Sight seeing in Pokhara visit the “World Peace Stupa”
Day 06 Sunrise and Mountain view from Sarangkot hill. Visit depressed Bard
community and typical local culture in Hemja village and visit Tibetan
Refugee Camp to see Buddhist ulture and Tibetan handicrafts
Day 07 Extra sightseeing in the area
Day 08 Airport transfer and departure
Note :- If above program itinerary doesn’t suit you and you wish to modify
above itinerary then please let us know and we’ll be happy to create a
tailor made itinerary especially for you. It is also possible to combine
above trip with Jungle safari, rafting, Mountain flight or with any travel
plans, just share your interests with us. We will design and arrange your
Price For The Trip: The total cost for the trek or tour you decide you want
to do will depend on several different factors. The type of accommodation
you prefer in Kathmandu will make a difference to the overall cost (budget
to 5 star accommodations). The mode of transport you prefer will also affect
the cost of your package, for example prices vary greatly between flying
versus private car/van, tourist or local buses. The camping trek and
teahouse trek made a difference in the cost. The number of guides and
porters required will also affect the total cost of your trek. For these
reasons, the same trek / tour can vary in price quite substantially.