Trip at a Glance
Adventure, Bike Tour, Hiking Trekking, Sightseeing
Price$2799 USD per person
11 days + travel time
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
When possible, your guide will greet you as you arrive in Cusco, Peru. Detailed date and time information will be disseminated as your adventure approaches and flights are booked. From the moment you arrive, you’ll spend the entire time enjoying yourself, completely at ease, while we do the rest!
Ollantaytambo, a charismatic mountain town at the base of an Inca fortress.
Accommodations • Transportation • Fully Outfitted 4 Day Hike to Machu Picchu • Optional Extra Hike to Huayna Picchu • After Hike Natural Hot Springs • Patacancha Valley Textile Tour • Scenic Ruin Biking • 10 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners • Full Time Guide
All activities on your trip are fully outfitted and guided, and no technical equipment or previous experience is needed. Thrive Adventures employs a “Challenge by Choice” philosophy, and if your health does not allow you to participate in a specific aspect of your adventure, we will gladly arrange an alternate activity of your choice. If you are not sure about your ability to participate in an activity, please contact us for consultation. It is your responsibility to contact us regarding physical limitations or concerns well in advance of your departure.
- Inca Trail Trek: An expert Quechan guide and trusted friend of Thrive Adventures with years of experience on the trail leads our guests on this historic pilgrimage of the Inca. Peruvian ‘porters’ will dazzle you with their strength, agility, and speed as they travel ahead of us, carrying our belongings, to pitch our tents and fashion incredible traditional meals, and you’ll wake each morning to the delivery of a steaming cup of tea and the aroma of a hearty breakfast awaiting you in the dining tent. Each day brings glorious Andean vistas, compelling history, and the fulfillment of completing another piece of this epic trek.
- Optional Hike to Huayna Picchu: Brave the heights of this rugged trail for an aerial view of the condor shape of Machu Picchu and a glimpse of the high priests’ residence.
- Aguas Calientes Hot Springs: After a successful summit of Machu Picchu, ease your muscles in the natural hot springs that lend this town its moniker.
- Scenic Ruin Biking: Caravan to the top of Abra Malaga mountain pass, then descend on a well-maintained paved road or rugged biking trails past remote farms and Inca ruins, all in full view of the breathtaking Urubamba Valley.
- Patacancha Valley Textile Tour: Marvel at the mountainous terrain and alpine scenery of this spectacular valley by bike or by road, then make an optional visit to the rural village of Patacancha, known for its preservation of traditional artistry and culture.