In comparison with other ancient capitals in South East Asia, Hue city is the one that still preserves comparatively the intact appearance of a complex of the monarchic capital consisting of walls, palaces, Hue Royal Tombs, etc. The Nguyen Dynasty (1802-1945) had it urbanized and built in systematic, philosophical and abundantly artistic ways.
On coming to Hue city, tourists usually show their special concern of these monuments. You visit Hue Imperial and Royal tombs in Hue but you want to control your time and more comfortable, you don’t want to wait on any body when taking part in Hue city tour with a group and with somebody you don’t know.
In the morning, our rider pick you up at your hotel (city center) at 8:00 am, then we visit:
- Hue citadel – Imperial city: The Citadel of Hue is a colossal fortification complex, largest and strongest
- Built in Vietnam’s monarchy. Constructed during 30 years of the 19th century, it called for a lot of mind, materials and toil of the whole country.
- Thien Mu pagoda: The pagoda area (280m x 100m) can be divided into two sectors separated by the Triple Gate. The front sector comprises memorials such as: the Phuoc Duyen Tower (seven – storeyed hight : 21m), Big Bell (Weight: over two tons, cast 1710), Stele on Tortoise (carved 1715), Stele “Bell of Pagoda of the Heavenly Lady” (erected 1846)…
- Tu Hieu pagoda: Tu Hieu pagoda where people can enjoy fresh air, peaceful landscapes or listen to nature sounds to thinking about our life. In particular, there are the eunuchs of Nguyen Dynasty that were buried here. Thich Nhat Hanh is a famous Vietnamese Buddhist monk who is the Buddhist leader having second-largest influence after the Dalai Lama that also came from this pagoda.
- Have lunch
- Vong Canh Hills – American hills: standing at Vong Canh Hills, we can enjoy the lovely panorama of Perfume river; “Vong” means observe, watch; “Canh” means landscape.
- Tu Duc tomb With several palaces and specific man-made landscape, with poetry and freedom. Perfect harmony is obtained of monuments and nature or nature improved on landscape gardening, a Vietnamese form of art.
- Thanh Toan bridge: Thanh Toan Tile – Roofed Bridge is a wooden bridge spanning a river flowing from the beginning to the end of the Thanh Toan Village. It is classified as a rare and high value of art and culture.
Hue city tour by motorbike is a good ideal to explore Hue because all of the places are close together and time we driving from A to B is short. Take it easy and ride easy!