Holy Land Sightseeing Tour
- Camel ride in the desert.
- Visit the Great Crater, where the group will have a chance to walk through the canyon, ending in a waterfall.
- Make a stop at the Dead Sea, with a potential swimming opportunity.
- Visit the Synagogue-Church, followed by St. Gabriel’s Church and Mary’s well.
- See the ancient city of Caesarea Maritima, built by Herod the Great.
During your Holy Land sightseeing tour, your guide Charly will drive you to Mamshit, the Nabatean city of Memphis, and take you to see the Byzantine ruins. You will continue travelling south through the Great Crater to reach Ein Avdat, where you will have an opportunity to walk through the canyon to a waterfall. You will also visit Avdat, another Nabatean city, which carries the name of Obodas the Nabatean King.
In Bethlehem, you will go to the Basilica of the Nativity. This church was commissioned in 327 AD by Constantine and his mother Helena. The original basilica was completed in 339 AD and destroyed by fire during the Samaritan Revolts in the sixth century AD. A new basilica was constructed 565 AD by Justinian. You will be making stops at other interesting sites such as the Dead Sea, the city of Jericho, the Mount of Temptations, Nablus, Jacob’s well, and Mount Girzim. The tour will end at the Franciscan Basilica on top of the Mount of Tabor, built over the place where the Transfiguration of Jesus took place.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.