Trip at a Glance
Adventure, Hiking Trekking, Lifestyle
Price$2150 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
5 October 2014
Manali, HP, India
All accommodation, transport and transfers from Manali. Experienced guides will be on tour for the duration. All trekking and equipment with our professional horse supported team. All meals are included and will be prepared by local cooks to our high standards. We will endeavour to source organic ingredients wherever possible, and always use the highest quality that is available.
Optional arrival and departure package will include the transfers from Delhi to Manali via overland transport or flights. Enquire about this if required.
- The first week of this retreat will be held at Samasati, a small, beautiful ashram deep in the foothills of the Himalayas in a small village called Kakhnal, 10kms shy of Manali in northern India. With daily yoga, meditation and kirtan, there will also be time for quiet reflection and walking into the stunning nature around our ashram.
- There is a beautiful stream with a track that leads into a magical forest with waterfalls, tiger lilies and incredible birdlife. We have a local vegetarian chef who will prepare our meals, and we will source as much organic ingredients as possible.
- The second week (optional) will be a light trek into the mountainous regions above Manali facilitated by Siddhartha and our expert horse team and local trekking guides. The trek will be an opportunity to take your practice from our retreat time into a pristine natural environment to deepen whilst sharing in a gentle way. Horse supported trekking means that we have a horse team carry all our luggage and equipment while we walk from one camp to the next with a guide. They walk faster than us, so they get to camp earlier, set up and make us a warming chai tea on arrival each day. Its the easiest and most fun way to walk in wilderness regions. The trekking is designed to be short walks of 3-4 hours each day, so that we have time to keep up our yoga and meditation, and to enjoy the spectacular scenery in each location.
- The retreat program at Samasati will include Yoga, Meditation and Kirtan (Chanting) on a daily basis led by a very beautiful combination, Satyen, Asakti and Chetana. Each have decades of experience within their field of expertise and have integrated their practice in simple yet effective ways in their own lives.
- The intention for this retreat is to provide a space for all to reconnect to their inner world in a fun, light hearted and supportive atmosphere. Join us if you feel drawn to share and connect deeply with yourself in a space of love, care and acceptance. As a team, we are dedicated to sharing our gifts with the world and look forward to being able to share them with you.