Imagine a city where the exotic chic of old Asia blends with the dynamic face of new Asia. Where the medieval and modern co-exist. A city with a blend of Parisian grace and Asian pace, an architectural museum piece evolving in harmony with its history, rather than bulldozing through like many of the region’s capitals. Welcome to Hanoi with 1,000 years of history, “the city of lakes” with over 60 green and legendary lakes connecting 5 main rivers, “the city of museums” with 45 museums displaying aspects of old and modern Hanoi, “the city of Peace” awarded by UNESCO since 1999. We look forward to guiding you.
Morning pick-up from your hotel inside Hanoi Old quarter from 8 to 8:30 am by our tour guide and bus driver.
In the morning, you will visit:
- Tran Quoc pagoda, the oldest pagoda of North Vietnam (over 1,400 years) lying on lakeside of West lake, the largest lake of Hanoi. A short stopover for taking photos. You will know more about typical architecture of North Vietnam pagoda.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh stilt-house relating to the life of Vietnam former President Ho Chi Minh from 1945 to 1969. Know more about 1 of 100 most influential people all over the world in the 20th century listed by TIME Magazine.
- One-Pillar pagoda – The pagoda on 1 stilt. This is the unique architecture different from Tran Quoc pagoda.
- On Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Bat Trang ceramic village, 20 km from city centre, with a half-millenary historic development.
- On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, the best museum of Vietnam in terms of ethnology, home to 54 people groups.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will visit:
- Temple of Literature, the first national university since 1070 with 82 rocky stelae writing the achievements of 82 former royal masters as UNESCO World Documentary heritage since 2009.
- Hoan Kiem lake “Return Sword lake” which is the heart of Hanoi, visit Ngoc Son temple and you will know more about the legendary story about how King Le Loi returned the God’s blade to the Saint of Turtle.
You say goodbye to tour guide and driver at your hotel at around 16:30. End of services.
Your adventure awaits!
We are a Destination Management company of youth and seniors, speed and stamina, enthusiasm and experienced staff. We’re a newly established team with 3 to 12 years experience traveling around Indochina and South East Asia. Our common goal is to provide a smart way to travel with the lowest budget.