Trip at a Glance
New York City, New York, United States
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$30 USD per person
2 1/2 to 3 Hours
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
For dates, check website schedule; 1 PM
Washington Arch, Washington Square
An expert tourist guide, living in Greenwich Village for 36 years. I can show you hidden treasures in The Village that would take you hours to find on your own.
The Tour’s terrain is level, traveling along the sidewalks of New York. Wear comfortable shoes. All bookings MUST be made at least 36 hours in advance. Gratuities cheerfully accepted.
- Washington Square Park and the Washington Arch; Lower Fifth Avenuet; two historic, 19th-century churches
- Quiet Minetta Lane and Minetta Street, named for an underground brook; the house where Louisa May Alcott lived; the monument to Giuseppe Garibaldi
- The garden of St. Luke’s-in-the-Fields; the 1928 Italian Renaissance styled Church of Our Lady of Pompeii
- Charming Abingdon Square Park; trendy Bleecker Street; the oldest house in The Village; and the narrowest house in New York
- The Jefferson Market Library, the Village’s most eclectic building; the unusual intersection of West 10th Street and West Fourth Street