Founded in 1524, Granada is the oldest city built in the mainland, during the Spanish Conquest. Because of it’s rich history, it is one of the most-visited destinations in Nicaragua today.
The colonial historic center is an excellent choice for a walking tour on your next visit to Granada. Due to the abundance of churches and colonial buildings, walking the streets is the ideal way to absorb the rich history, culture, and architectural beauty.
Highlights of this walking tour include:
- The central Park – waste no time jumping right into the culture and history of Granada!
- The Convento San Francisco Museum – one of the most important museums in the city. It was first built by settlers in 1529, and is the city’s first church.
- The Gunpowder Church – an old Spanish fort.
- The many colonial buildings and churches – best experienced on foot.
- The towers of the church La Merced – the ideal way to view Grenada.
The guide will be happy to customize your walking tour as you desire to meet your personal needs. If you want to really understand the history of Granada, This is walking tour is an absolute must!
Your adventure awaits!
Nicaragua travel guide.com
Our mission is to provide travelers with tours that are eco-friendly. We strive to share the natural history, culture, and religious art of Granada, Nicaragua, in a sustainable, yet enjoyable manner.