Giglio & Giannutri Islands
Trip at a Glance
Giglio Island, Tuscany, Italy
Island Tour, Nature
$90 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
06:45 am, Wednesday and Sunday, available between 15/06 and 14/09
Florence SMN trainstation in front of the pharmacy
• Free pick up on request • Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning • Expert multilingual escorts • Boat ticket
• EN ES • 15 minutes prior departure • CHL 3-12 50% discount; 0-2 free of • Only available between June 15th and September 14th
- Enjoy a beautiful day by exploring the islands of Giglio and Giannutri.
- Spend your day at the beaches by taking swimming in with the natural surroundings.
- You may have your lunch on the boat and visit an ancient Roman villa,
Start your day early in the morning, get together with your tour leader at the meeting point and start your trip. A coach will drive you to Talamone, an ancient town on the Gulf whose port has been an important commercial point for the Etruscans and Romans all throughout history. A comfortable boat will be waiting for you. Enjoy the sea breeze on the 1 hour boat ride to the Giglio Island.
Once on the island you will have the chance to explore it by yourself. You can choose to visit the main beaches by public transport or you can rent a scooter (both optional and at your own expense). At lunch time, you can chose to jump back on board and continue traveling to Giannutri or spend the afternoon continuing to explore Giglio Island. If you select the second option, you will enjoy a 40 minute boat ride and you will see more spectacular beaches with crystal clear water.
Once on the island, you may also choose to join a guided tour of the Roman Villa on top of the hill (optional at your own expense). After a spectacular day spent surrounded by history and nature, the boat will take you back to Talamone, where the coach will be waiting for you. Sit back and relax on the drive back to Florence.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.