Trip at a Glance
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$250 USD per trip
2 Hours, hosted by G L-f de Villiers Tours.
About a mile. Fully-licensed and insured.
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
The tours are designed to suit your schedule.
Commander's Palace or the comfort of your hotel.
A two-hour walking tour with commentary, filled with sound analysis, gossip, humor, history, architecture, and fun-facts, provided by a direct descendant of the owners of the original plantation.
The group price includes up to six guests. G L-f de Villiers is your locally owned and operated community based tour provider. Highest Recommendation "Exceptional" by Frommer's. Licensed and insured.
- Be enchanted and amazed by the famed above-ground tombs of Lafayette Cemetery. Learn about burial practices with ancient roots. German Heritage site.
- Ride there on the St. Charles Avenue Streetcar alongside the homes of the famous and infamous. Admire National Landmark architectural treasures.
- Revel in the loveliness of the Louisiana Raised Cottage beauty Toby's Corner, the oldest house in the Garden District and home to Carnival royalty.
- Exalt in the Bradish Johnson Mansion, a Reconstruction-era example of elegance that departs from the white-columned confections one might expect!
- With 19th century opulence, National Register mansions, pristine gardens, and sumptuous charm, it is one of our city's loveliest neighborhoods.