Full Day Wine Tour in Barossa Valley, Adelaide
Trip at a Glance
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Lifestyle, Sightseeing, Wine Tour
$130 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
From your hotel @ 9:30 am
Wine tasting is free with no obligation to buy.
Lunch is not included
- View different vineyards growing Reisling, Semillon, Grenache, and Cabernet Sauvignon grape varieties!
- Test your palate on the fortified wines and grape varieties of the regions finest
- See the towns of Barossa, each with their distinct cultural background
- Experience the German culture not just their wine but their food and lovely buildings
- Stroll along the main street of Tanunda to choose a café or restaurant to eat your lunch.
Enter the vineyards of Adelaide! Barossa is known for its red wine production, the Shiraz in particular – however there are varied grapes grown including Reisling, Semillon, Grenache, and Cabernet Sauvignon. There are also some fortified wines produced in the region.
You will travel to the Barossa Valley via the northern expressway, approximately an hour and a half trip in the comforty of a prvate car or bus depending on the size of the party. You will visit 3 wineries for wine tasting. Enjoy strolling down the main street of Tanunda for lunch at your own expense. View the lovely landscape including vineyards, German churches and villages and admire the valley from Mengler’s Lookout.
The Barossa Valley Vintage Festival is a week-long vintage wine event, popular with wine enthusiasts all over the world – the festival also has varied musical entertainment events and gourmet dining. Make sure to contact your guide to find out when this festival is next taking place, as it occurs only once every two years!
On your return to the city experience the amazing “Whispering Wall”.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.