Trip at a Glance
London, England, United Kingdom
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price£12 GBP per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Every Friday 6.30pm
Temple Tube Station
The Walk only
Due to the fact that there is a very steep flight of stairs and other steps, this walk is unsuitable for anyone with mobility issues.
- Hear the original version of Sweeney Todd from a Penny Dreadful magazine issued in 1840's a tale to chill the blood!
- Enter the Temple, an area full of tales of monastic knights and ghostly apparitions. See Temple church, round just like the one in Jerusalem,
- See Temple Bar's Monument where thieves, pirates and traitors head were place on spikes after execution,
- See Bell Yard where Mrs Lovett had her infamous pie shop and made "those delicious pies, there was about them an aroma so enticing!
- See Dr Johnson house, the author of the most famous dictionary, The oldest pub rebuilt in1667. Hear about the plague and the Great Fire of London.