Food and Wine Tour: Medieval City of Carcassonne
Trip at a Glance
Toulouse, Midi-Pyrenees, France
Lifestyle, Wine Tour
€200 EUR per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Saturdays at 8.00am
- Transport in a mini-van or a bus. - Fluent english speaking guides giving tours. - The visit of two vineyards and wine tastings. - The commentary on the fortified city of Carcassonne. - The guided tour of the Castles of Lastours. - Lunch in a gourmet restaurant 1* (drinks included)
This tour can be customized to any group size or request. This tour requires a 2 person minimum booking.
- A perfect combination of unique local life experiences.
- Visit of an exceptional vineyard and organic wine tasting.
- A gastronomic lunch in a 1* restaurant.
- All the insight about the medevial fortified city of Carcassonne.
- A guided tour of the Châteaux de Lastours, built on a rocky spur.
We leave Toulouse at 8 am for Carcassonne, the fortified medieval city is a must-see ! Discover this fascinating city, it’s atmosphere, you will be lulled by myths and stories that made the reputation of this fortress. The tour continues to the Lastours castles. Built on a hilltop, they were marked by the history of the crusade against the Cathars. We will then go for lunch at the Bergerie Aragon (1 *), a very nice local restaurant offering an authentic french cuisine.
After lunch, we will head to the vineyard of the Cabrol estate where Claude Carayol will introduce his famous wines “Vent d’Est” and “Vent d’Ouest”, you will have the chance to taste them.
This Aude getaway would not be complete if we didn’t take you to a last winemaker. Claire and Clement Mengus await you in their estate Cazaban in Villegailhenc. Fifteen hectares of vines and garrigue, nestled in the foothills of the Black Mountains the area offers exceptional views across the Pyrenees.Using organic agriculture these Cabardès wines that you will taste really do not lack character. Back to Toulouse at 7.30 pm.
This trip has a 2 person minimum.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.