Trip at a Glance
London, England, United Kingdom
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$100 USD per trip
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
To be determined on booking
Temple Underground Station
Just the walking tour, entrance to Temple Church and a drink in Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese extra.
This tour is available for six people for $100.00, extra persons will be $15 each A group of 12 will be $200.00
- The Temple is unique area not to be missed with it's old buildings, cobbles, gas-lighting and Templar Church.
- St Brides Church has a free museum (donations gratefully accepted) with artifacts through its eight buildings right back to Roman times in the crypt. You can even see Roman pavement.
- Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese pub, a place where many famous writer once propped up the bar, with it's ancient (17thc) gloomy atmosphere you can imagine the likes of Dr Johnson arguing with James Boswell his biographer or Oliver Goldsmith scribbling 'She stoops to conquer' at the bar. Here we can stop for a quick drink!
- Dr Johnson's house stands in Gough Square, the only house in London left standing out of 17 he owned. Here he composed his Dictionary assisted by six clerks. Hear stories of his astounding personality, witty sayings and put-downs.
- Hen and Chickens Court, hear the tale of Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet St and the on to the monument to Temple Bar where traitor's heads were displayed on pikes during 18thc