Trip at a Glance
EDINBURGH ENLIGHTENMENT WALKS
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$35 USD per person
one to one and a half miles
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
10.00am and 2.00pm
From Central Entrance of Usher Hall in the Edinburgh City Centre
Everything which appears above. No extra charge if Walk lasts up to three and a half hours! Refreshments for the guide are the guest's responsibility.
Walkers should be suitably attired, including footwear, to take into account the vagaries of the Edinburgh weather.
- The National Galleries of Scotland where Walkers can view paintings by such Titans as Leonardo da Vinci, Titian, Raphael and many other great Masters
- The Royal Mile, including St Giles Cathedral which we enter. This is a place of stunning beauty and where the British Civil War of the 17th century started.
- Edinburgh Castle: Walkers will hear about the various sieges this monumental Castle endured and its great strength and its one great weakness.
- The Scott Monument: The largest Monument to a Writer, Sir Walter Scott, in the world. Here you will hear about Sir Walter Scott's intimate relationship with the Usher family.
- There will be a visit to an old Edinburgh Coffee or Public House where Walkers will be treated to a drink by Stuart. Wonderful opportunity to warm up and savour the excellence of Scottish beer, whisky, tea, etc. Also to have a good chin wag!