Witness bottle-nose dolphins glide through the sea on this full-day guided sea life sightseeing tour from Lisbon. South of Lisbon, discover one of the 10 most beautiful bays in the world, and explore a natural park and a region known for its wines and cheese.
Cruise atop one of the globe’s most scintillating bays in a modern catamaran or a historic salt galleon, and see interesting marine life. You will also voyage to a natural park and learn about it’s history and culture.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This tour begins as you head south from Lisbon to Setúbal, a region best known for its wine, cheese and gastronomy.
Here you will board a modern catamaran, or a fully restored salt galleon (depending on weather and sea conditions), for a relaxing and enjoyable cruise on the Sado Estuary, where you’ll learn about the resident bottlenose dolphins and hopefully be able to observe some wild dolphins in their natural environment. The cruise takes between 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
See the natural reserve of Arrábida, take in the stunning views, and learn about the area’s history and gastronomy. From the ocean, and before returning to the old city centre of Setúbal you’ll see a few of the region’s historic monuments and sites like the Arrábida Convent and the Saint Filipe Fort.
Before returning to Lisbon, you’ll stop at a few sights in the Arrabida Mountain range, from where you can marvel at the natural reserve and get a “land view” of this region.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The tour might be cancelled if unsafe/severe weather conditions occur;
- The sequence of the mentioned places can be changed according to weather conditions;
- Dolphin watching has a very high probability (95%), however it is not guaranteed they will be seen, as they are wild animals, not trained;
- You must bring: comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and warm clothing. Even in summer bring a pullover or jacket;
- At time of booking, hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address;
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
Let TakingUThere New Travel Experiences help you plan your next memorable experience.
All our private tours are made to keep you off “the beaten tracks”. This means that we will take you to all the places that a traveller obviously should not miss, but at the same time away from the usual touristic hustle, sharing with you all the places, people and culture we know and love. We do not want you to feel like a tourist on our tours, rather a fellow traveller or a friend that came to visit. We will give you time to “soak everything in”. There is no timetable to be met, or places that must be seen. Just choose a trip or tour and let us worry about TakingUThere!