Discover Whangaroa Harbour
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Bay of Islands, North Island, New Zealand
Boat Tour, Eco Tour, Nature, Sightseeing
NZ$58 NZD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
10 am & 1pm Daily
- Experience the hidden Wairakau Canyon with the North Islands tallest waterfall
- Interpretation of the volcanic landscape and the culturally significant names of the rocks and their stories. St Pauls, Dukes Nose, St. Peters, Bonaparte's head
- The scenic Western Arm with its many isolated sandy beaches lined with bush, many with streams and rock pools
- Weather and swell dependent boat trip through our own Whangaroa "hole in the rock" or "The keyhole"
- The colours, textures and shapes of the volcanic boulders which tumble into the isolated Bays creating a unique and awesome landscape of cliffs, waterfalls and bush covered beaches
The water-taxi ‘Waihi’ is a comfortable purpose built vessel on which to enjoy the magnificent scenery and interesting history. Knowledgable local skipper shares stories of the harbour. The colonial and early contact of the 1800′s and Whangaroa’s busy days of the 1900s where the economy was based on fishing, boat building and the kauri timber trade. Whangaroa Harbour is hard to beat for pristine scenery. It is a beautiful and uniquely idyllic place. The natural beauty of the area shines through: pure nature in all it’s glory. The outer reaches have amazing outcrops and rock formations which tumble into the lush green bush growing right down to the waters edge. There are many beautiful beaches and bays only accessible by water. Be picked up from Lane Cove walking track and be returned to Totara North, Lunch at Kingfish Lodge, or take our 90 minute Discover Whangaroa Harbour Tour.
Your adventure awaits!
Bushmansfriend offers unique wilderness experiences of the beautiful Whangaroa Harbour. We operate Whangaroa Harbour Water Transport and have a purpose built water taxi to transport customers to some of Northlands most dramatic and hidden scenery. 10 years in business. Our informative and interpretive tours are often a highlight of the customers time in New Zealand.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.