A walk through Asia’s largest spice market. An unforgettable experience that takes guests through a five hundred year old market selling wares that brought early European explorers to the shores of India and then a walk through the local eateries selling signature Indian non-vegetarian cuisine.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Assemble at Meeting Point & Briefing: Kick-start the walk at Fatehpuri Masjid. Our experienced guide shall brief the assembled guests on the key interest points along the walk, places to shop, what to do and not etc.
Walk Through The Biggest Spice Market Of Asia: Khari Baoli is a street in Delhi, India known for its wholesale grocery and Asia’s largest wholesale spice market selling all kinds of spices, nuts, herbs and food products like rice and tea.Operating since the 17th century, the market is situated near the historic Delhi Red Fort, on the Khari Baoli Road adjacent to Fatehpuri Masjid at the western end of the Chandni Chowk, and over the years has remained a tourist attraction, especially those in the heritage circuit of Old Delhi.
Turn into The Street of the Kebab Sellers: After coursing through the Spice Market it is time to enter the Gourmet Street or the Gali of the Kebab Vendors.
First Pit Stop Kebabs Skewered On Coal Grill: The Seekh/Sheesh Kebabs Of Delhi Are Famous Through Out India.
Fried Fish or Chicken: depending upon the Season on Can Savor Fried Fish or Fried Chicken in a batter of Indian Spices.
100 year old landmark local eatery: Next you are taken to a 100 year old landmark local eatery where you eat a TDH menu of Curries, Biryani, and Indian Breads & Condiments.
Top Off With Indian Deserts: A selection Of Indian Deserts is On Offer in the same street.
See Off At Gate Number 3 Jama Masjid: Guests End the Tour At Gate Number 3 Jama Masjid.
• Inclusive of the fee of a tour guide.
• A bottle of water.
• Hot beverage and refreshments during the walk.
• TDH Menu during food walk
• Excludes any purchases made by guests
• Parking charges for vehicles that guests arrive by
• Transport to and from the meeting and departure points.
• Tips & Gratuities.
Know Before You Go:
• Wear comfortable walking shoes and carry minimal luggage.
• The meeting point is a 10 minute walk from the Chandni Chowk Metro station On The Yellow Line
• Dress Conservatively
What to Bring:
• Since plastic bags are not allowed in Delhi, please bring along an expandable bag in case you wish to shop for spices in the area.
• Please carry local currency as some establishments may not accept credit/debit cards.
Your adventure awaits!