Trip at a Glance
Sail Selina II
St Michaels, Maryland, United States
Sightseeing, Sunset Cruise
Price$65 USD per person
Depends on the wind
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Daily at 10 am -12 pm, 12:30 pm-2:30 pm, 3 pm-5 pm from the end of April - end of October
St Michaels Harbour Inn & Marina
Harbor Tour, 2 hour sail, complimentary water. Sodas & adult beverages are available foor sale.
We recommend you pre-apply sunscreen, bring a light jacket in spring & fall, and dont forget your camera!
- Harbor Tour - St Michaels is home to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. Along the waters edge are many historic boats, the Hoopers Straigh Light House, and the Inn at Perry Cabin where the movie Wedding Crashers was filmed in 2005.
- Raising Sails -- For guests who want to participate raising sails offers a chance for some real live hands on action hoisting sails the way it was done in 1926, the year "elina II" was commissioned. For those who would rather sit back and watch, it is quite a show to see nearly 1000 sq ft of gaff rigged sail going up.
- Wildlife - Often when we are out on the water we get to see the majestic Opsprey,Great Blue Herons, and various waterfowl. Less frequently, but still a distinct possibility are Night Herons, Green Herons, Bald Eagles, Cow Nosed Rays (locals call them Skate), Terrapin Turtles, Water Snakes, and if you are super lucky, porpoise. Along the shore we sometimes see White Tailed Deer and Red Fox.
- Mansions - the shores of the Miles River and Leeds Creek are ringed with beautiful homes and gorgeous mansions set on stunning estates. Come join us and hear the story of the 'Pink Castle', a 1936 reproduction of a fortified Spanish style villa, spectacular!
- The "Selina II" - built in 1926 to yacht specifications, her brightly polished bronze and freshly varnished mahogany will transport you back to a time when people valued the richness of real wood and quality craftmanship. Hear her hsitory, learn the story of her name, and imagine yourself as a guest aboard with the family back in 1926 as Capt Frank gallantly takes you out for a sail.