Trip at a Glance
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
$75 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Ho Chi Minh
Experienced local guide, minivan pick up and drop off, water during the ride, mountain bike.
Not included: entrance fees.
- Cycling through a rubber plantation and learning how to collect latex from the rubber trees.
- Experience where the local fighters used to live and hide themselves. See the daily life of the locals.
- Stopping at a local market to see how the locals shop.
- Visiting a local school to learn about the local education system.
- Having lunch at local riverside restaurant.
Cu Chi Tunnels are a well known network built by Việt Cộng fighters during the American war in Vietnam. Thousands of tourists get there by bus, but as local guides, we suggest that you experience the tunnel, its villages, and river by bike and kayak. This way you can experience the real life of the Cu Chi countryside and its water-way. This is a must do trip for locals and international travelers.
Your local guide will meet you at your hotel or the port located in Ho Chi Minh where you will depart for the tunnels. We will escape the chaos of the city of Saigon, where millions of motorbikes zoom by, to learn how the locals plant and harvest latex and a local house to chat with the locals about their daily life. Next, visit the headquarters of the Vietcong named Ben Dinh. Here you can watch a documentary film where you will learn more information about the war. Spend an hour walking and discovering the regional tunnels before heading back to Saigon at noon where our tour ends.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.