Trip at a Glance
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$25 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Everyday, all year round. 10am to 1pm OR 3pm to 6pm
Rua do Sargento Mor, CASA MEDIEVAL
Guided tour; Free drink; taxes.
- UNIVERSITY OF COIMBRA - Created in 1290 by King Dom Dinis, it's main building is located in the Old King's Palace since 1537.
- OLD CATHEDRAL - The second king of Portugal was crowned here. It's a beautiful XII century church in the historical heart of Coimbra.
- STUDENTS REPUBLICS - typical houses where only students live. The students republics have their own rules and are deeply connected to the University living and traditions.
- IGREJA DE SANTA CRUZ - This is a fabulous building, originally from the 12th century but with many architecture styles that were included latter on. Here we will also find the tombs of the two first Kings of Portugal, D. Afonso Henriques and D. Sancho I.
- BOTANICAL GARDEN OF COIMBRA - created in the 18th century, it has today 13hectares and is managed by the University of Coimbra.