Classic Tour of the City of Aosta
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Tour Guide Aosta Valley
Breuil-Cervinia, Aosta Valley, Italy
Cultural Immersion, Lifestyle
€130 EUR per trip
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
as arranged with guide
Ticket entrances are not included
- Admire the honorary Arch of Augustus dedicated to the Emperor Augustus was erected to celebrate the defeat of the proud local celtic population here.
- Admire with me the Porta Pretoria which was one of four main entrances to the Roman town and is the only one still perfectly preserved.
- The theatre was built togheter with the amphitheatre and is easily recognizable thanks to its excellent remains the magnificent 22 meters heigh façade
- The forensic cryptoporticus is certainly the most fascinating place, situated near the Cathedral, which during the Roman period surrounded the forum..
- The boundary walls were built to defend the town in the event of an attack, but they were also a decorative element of the urban area.
Discover the city of Aosta with this classic tour!
An easy, enjoyable walk through the old town gives you the opportunity to learn something about the history of this little city, founded by Romans in 25 BC with the name of Augusta Pretoria Salassorum.
We will visit the Roman bridge, the Arch of Augustus, Porta Pretoria the main entrance of the old town, the boundary walls, the Roman theatre and the magnificent forensic cryptoporticus.
During the visit you can learn about the history of this little and beautiful city and enjoy of the Roman archeological remains.
Start planning your next experience today.
My name is Francesca and I'm a tour guide in Aosta Valley. After my Degree in Foreign Languages (German and English) I discovered my passion for cultural sites and communication. I love history, art, architecture and meeting new people. I would like to transmit you the passion for my country, its mountains, nature, art, history... I provide services in Italian, French, German and English
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.