Our excursion starts from the Old Kiev Hill (Vladimir′s Hill, to the honor of Prince Volodimir, the baptizer of Kiev Rus), the place where – according to the chronicles – the first settlement was established by 3 brothers and a sister: Kiy, Shcheck, Horiv and their sister Lybid in 482 A.D. On Vladimir′s Hill you will see the duplicate of the basement of the Church of the Tithes (10th), which was completely destroyed in 1240 during the Tatar-Mongol invasion. Nearby is located one of the best examples of Baroque style – St. Andrew church (architecture Rastrelli).
Then we will walk along Desyatina street, passing by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and we will see St. Michal Golden Domes cathedral (1108) and St. Sofia cathedral (1037).
Then we will walk to Vladimir Hill park and we will see a nice panorama of Kiev near the monument of Saint Vladimir. Continuing our tour of the city we can′t stand passing by the famous Golden Gates (11th), which were the part of fortifications of Kiev in their time. It was completely destroyed in 1240 and reconstructed in 1750, 1837, 1982. The beauty and grandeur of the Golden Gates inspired the famous musician Musorgsky to write the composition “Pictures from the exhibition”. We will visit St. Vladimir cathedral (1863) that was painted by well- known artists Vrubel and Vasnetsov.
From Kiev of Old Rus time we are proceeding to modern Kiev: the famous Opera House (1901). We will drive along the main street Kreshchatik, Independence square, European square, Arch of Friendship, Dynamo Kiev stadium, Ukrainian Parliament, Cabinet of Ministers, Glory park, Museum of Golodomor etc
Objects: St. Sophia Cathedral, St. Michael Cathedral, St. Andrew church, St. Andrew street, St. Vladimir monument, Golden Gates, Opera House, Kreshatik street, Independance square, Parliament, Cabinet of Ministers, Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, Statue Motherland. (List of objects and excursion route could be changed depending on a traffic situation and churches operating mode.)
Dress code: casual.