Carrara Marble Quarries, Pisa e Lucca
Trip at a Glance
Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
$85 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
8:15am, Wed,Fri, Sun (from April 1 to October 31, 2016)
Florence SMN trainstation in front of the pharmacy
• Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning • Expert multilingual escort • Entrance to Pisa Cathedral
• 15 min prior departure •Children: 0-2 free, 3-12 - 50% discount •Drop-off 6 euro • EN, ES, IT ARE all guaranteed. POR, FR, RU, CH,JA require a minimum of 4 passengers.
- Visit Carrara marble quarries on 4x4 off road vehicle.
- Visit the inside of Pisa Cathedral.
- Have some free time to walk around in Pisa and Lucca.
- Attention!! From 01/04/2016 to 31/10/2016 the price for Chinese or Japanese tour is 105 euros.
Visiting Carrara marble quarries by jeep is an unforgettable experience. You will enjoy the charm of exclusive places otherwise inaccessible for visitors on their own. Top quality off road vehicles driven by our expert staff will lead you to an altitude of 900m, where your will see breathtaking scenery. Moreover, you will be given detailed explanations about both ancient and modern excavation methods in direct contact with quarry men in work days, while cutting marble or loading huge blocks on trucks. After that, you will have a short break during which you will taste the unique flavour of the “Lardo di Colonnata.” Then you will reach an altitude of 1200m where you won’t be able to take your eyes away from such a view. At the end of the tour, you will visit a gorgeous quarry underground. Afterwards you will be driven to Pisa, where you will visit the most renowned squares and monuments such as Piazza dei Miracoli with the Leaning Tower, the Cemetery and the Pisa Cathedral (a visit to the interior is included). Lucca is situated along the road that leads to the coast from Florence. It is a distinctive city of art and Renaissance style surrounded by walls, interrupted by beautiful gates and ramparts. You will have free time to take a walk along a section of the town walls to enjoy a wonderful view over the roofs, alleys, towers, churches and palaces. The tour continues with the visit to Piazza Anfiteatro, Guinigi Tower, St. Martin’s Cathedral and ends in the typical street of antique shops in the old town centre, where you will free time.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.