Canterbury Cathedral Specials
Trip at a Glance
London, England, United Kingdom
Architectural Tour, Sightseeing
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Guiding Fee, Entrance Fee
- Explore the famous Canterbury Cathedral, one of the oldest Anglican Church
- Visit the Norman Crypt, the oldest part of the cathedral
- Visit St. Michael's Chapel and the Archbishop Tombs
- Learn the lives of the personalities who influenced the church and the history of Catholicism
- Enjoy this trip in private
Canterbury Cathedral Specials takes you into an otherworldly side of the cathedral. Founded in 1597, the famous structure has been enrolled into UNESCO World Heritage Site. Come to the cathedral with Lideke and let her take you down to the cathedral’s 12th Century Norman Crypt – the oldest part of the Cathedral. Explore the traces of Romanesque paintings along the walls and carved pillars. Distinguish the sculptures and various motifs into different eras of this cathedral’s influence from different cultures such as the Lombardy, Byzantium, and the Middle East. Visit St. Michael’s Chapel and the Archbishop’s Tombs housing 15th to 17th Century figures including Lady Margaret Holland, Thomas Thornhurst, the tombs of Archbishop of Toulouse, Archbishop Hubert Walter, and more. Don’t forget to pay attention to the intricate details on the Miracle Windows depicting the life of Thomas Becket, a Martyr of the 14th Century.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.