British Museum Guided Tour
Trip at a Glance
London, England, United Kingdom
Museum Tour, Sightseeing
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Guiding Fee, Entrance Fee
- Visit the British Museum with a knowledgeable guide
- Know the history of some of the famous collection, including the Rosetta Stone and the Assyrian Lion Hunt Reliefs
- Hop into different rooms for a worldwide, or time-traveling experience
- Learn how these collections were gathered, and how the British empire was doing during the foundation of the museum
- Enjoy this tour in private
The British Museum, located near Senate House Library, holds the world’s most preserved collections since it opened in 1759. By that time, the British Empire was already transitioning from being the capital of an emerging economy to the centre of a new empire. Tour around the museum, where the civilizations were categorized into different rooms. The civilizations include ancient Egypt, Assyrian, ancient Greek, and stretches as far as China and Japan.
With your guide, spot some of the most valuable treasures such as the Rillaton Gold Cup dug up from a crypt of an unrecognized corpse, along with a bronze dagger and a decorated pottery vessel, with more that had not survived. Explore the Sutton Hoo ship burial, the famous Rosetta Stone, Easter Island Statue, and Parthenon Sculptures. Have your guide take you to some of the most significant spots. Marion will guarantee that you have not seen all.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.