Bologna Guided Gourmet Walk
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Food Tour, Lifestyle, Sightseeing, Wine Tour
$132 USD per person
Your hotel in Bologna city center or Piazza Maggiore by the Neptune Fountain
Licensed guide; Food tastings in traditional food stores, as described
This is a private tour. Please consider that after the tour it won’t be necessary to have lunch or dinner. I suggest to start no later than 11:00am in the morning and no later than 5:00pm in the afternoon. Please consider that from 1:00pm to 4:00pm most of the shops will be closed for “siesta” time. On Sundays and bank holidays most of the shops and food stands of the medieval market are closed. In winter time sunset is at about 4:30pm.
- Taste the food of Emilia-Romagna on a private tour of Bologna
- Visit the city's medieval market and go into family-run stores
- Sample Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, Parma ham and other local products
- Discover why Bologna is considered the food capital of Italy
- Try a glass of wine made from Sangiovese or Pignoletto grapes
Bologna has acquired over the centuries several nicknames, but maybe the most famous is “the fat”.
During the tour we will discover why the city is considered the foodie capital of Italy.
We will visit the medieval food market and stop to some family run traditional shops to learn the stories and the legend of the local food and enjoy delicious tastings!
We will visit:
- a chocolate factory: chocolate,
- a Deli-store: Parmesan Cheese, Prosciutto from Parma, Balsamic vinegar, Salame from Felino, Ciccioli, Sangiovese or Pignoletto wine
- a bakery: traditional cakes
- a pasta shop: pasta tasting at your choice between tortellini or tortelloni or tagliatelle or lasagna, a glass of wine
- a gelato shop: homemade gelato.
The tour is accompanied by a licensed local guide and can be combined with a cooking class or a pasta making demonstration.
Please consider that after the tour it won’t be necessary to have lunch or dinner!
Your adventure awaits!
We are a TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS with over 20 years of experience handling events organization. With differing backgrounds in the travel and tourism industry, our knowledge is pooled to create a new high standard of services to exceed your personal expectations. We are TRAVEL CONSULTANTS, specialized in Italy INCOMING tourism. Our tours highlight Italy's spectacular natural beauty, its rich patrimony of art, history, music, culture and the delicious local foods and wines. We take care of all the details, from choosing the most beautiful locations, the best local guides and escorts and the most charming hotels to ensure travelers enjoy the trip of a lifetime. Even the most experienced travelers rate our tours as the best trips they've ever taken. We offer the opportunity to see Italy with those who truly know it best.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.