Trip at a Glance
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Adventure, Air Tour, Sailing, Sightseeing
Price$3335 USD per trip
2 days - one overnight aboard the sailboat.
30 Nautical Miles each way
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Prince Arthurs Landing Marina – Thunder Bay, Ontario
All accommodations, bedding towels, and meals aboard the sailing vessel.
This is a wilderness adventure so the wind and weather ,including fog, may force us to alter the routing. Seaplane landing delays can be expected if this happens.
- Sail a 40-ft sloop on Lake Superior, the Great Inland Sea. Take the helm and experience the rhythm of the water.
- Sail past the Sleeping Giant, which rises 1200 feet above the water. It looks almost Jurassic.
- Overnight at anchor at the foot of the Giant, in Tee Harbour, a once thriving fishing camp. Smell that BBQ grilling today's catch – if you were that lucky.
- Sail past the site of the once richest silver mine in the world. Learn the lore of how it was lost to the lake one stormy winter.
- Enjoy a scenic seaplane flight over Lake Superior upon your return to Thunder Bay.