Trip at a Glance
Hana, Hawaii, United States
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Aloha Tower and selected locations in Waikiki and Kahala.
Use of trek mountain bikes, helmets, waist packs, rain gear and rubber boots (for the hike), trail snacks and bottled water.
Tax is not included.
- Visit Manoa Valley, where you will see paddies where the early Hawaiians grew taro, heliconia, gardenia, guava, mountain apple, breadfruit and a variety of ginger.
- View ancient rock terraces, streams, pools and a private 200-foot waterfall of tropical forest, farmed by Hawaiian ancestors centuries ago.
- View Puu Ohia, Puu Kakea and Puu Ualakaa, which was formed by volcanic eruptions nearly 10,000 years ago and are now covered with plants and trees, including the native ohia, koa, mamaki, kokio, kea and wiliwili.
- If you're lucky, you might catch a glimpses of feral pigs, mongooses, Jackson chameleons and native birds such as apapane and elepaio.
- Enjoy your sailing excursion aboard the 38.6-foot catamaran Kahala Kai. The crew drops anchor oft Waikiki beach and will distribute masks, snorkels and fins, so you can enjoy some playtime in the ocean.