Trip at a Glance
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Sightseeing, Walking Tour
Price$17 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Apr 1st - Oct 31st: Tues & Friday
West Meeting Point: In front of McDonalds, opposite main entrance to S+U Zoologischer Garten Train Station. Hardenbergplatz 2-4, 10623 - East Meeting Point: In front of "AM to PM" Bar/Restaurant, at S Hackescher Markt Train Station, Am Zwirngraben 4, 10178
West Meeting Point 10:00am, East Meeting Point 10:30am An AB Zone Day transportation ticket is required for this tour.
- Explore the courtyards of Mitte, where the previously worn and neglected buildings were quickly restored to their former glory after the fall of the Berlin Wall. Now a hub of artistic culture, consumerism and IT start-ups, these labyrinthine passages provided the breeding ground for Berlin's post-unification cultural scene.
- Visit trendy Prenzlauer Berg, scene of a demographic upheaval that has seen an influx of well-heeled and upwardly mobile young families. We chronicle the fundamental changes that have transformed this one-time working-class district into an area favoured by dynamic entrepreneurs and young fashionistas.
- We visit the East Side Gallery to discuss the origins and political message of Berlin's (in)famous street art scene. Walk with us over the iconic Oberbaumbrücke, which connects East and West Berlin and boasts spectacular views from both sides.
- We visit the 'Kulturbrauerei', an old brewery complex which has been totally refurbished into a centre for culture and the arts. Its transformation mirrors the metamorphosis that continues in East Berlin.
- The tour ends at the infamous Turkish Market, an outdoor market with artisans, farmers and live music, a representation of city's diverse population.