Trip at a Glance
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
All tours start and conclude in Ypres, Belgium
- Behind the Lines - History Tour
- Visit to the death cells, where soldiers were held before being shot at dawn
- Visit the cemetery which holds more shot-at-dawn soldiers than any other
- Visit the Rev Tubby Clayton's Talbot House
- Visit the new memorial commemorating the 'service animals' who were killed/died
Behind the Lines is a history tour, where you will revive the famous military rest town. You will visit the death cells, where soldiers were held before being shot at dawn, and the cemetery, which holds more shot-at-dawn soldiers than any other. You will see the Rev Tubby Clayton’s Talbot House with the most special and unforgettable ‘Chapel in the Attics’. You will see the locations of the former medical ‘Casualty Clearing Stations’, one of the largest medical treatment/clearance areas during the Great War. You will also visit the brand new memorial commemorating the ‘service animals’ who were killed/died in the Ypres Salient area during the war.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.