This one day course is for those with little or no experience in Fly Fishing. It gives you a really enjoyable day out, while providing all the basic skills and information needed to enable you to start fly fishing for yourself. Briefly, the course includes the following:
· An introduction and overview of the course
· Fly Fishing Tackle, its use and design
· Setting up the Fly Fishing Equipment
· Fly Fishing Knots
· Basic Entomology (The fly life cycle)
· The Trout & its Environment
· Introduction to Casting – the Roll Cast & Overhead Cast
· False Casting, Shooting Line and Line Management
· Guided Fly Fishing
· Playing and Landing a Fish & Fish Welfare
Our Guides will spend individual time with you to ensure that you have the best possible fly fishing experience, they have a lifetime of experience Fly fishing and are willing to give their hard earned knowledge to you!
Allow approximately 4 hours of tuition and 5 hours of Fly fishing on your own with a Guide to assist if required.
Lunch and Transport to and from the venue will be supplied.