Australia Coastal Walkabout
Trip at a Glance
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Island Tour, Nature
$2999 USD per person
13 days in Australia + travel time
Private Transportation for Duration • Accommodations in 7 Locations • Fraser Island Remote Tour • Great Keppel Island Tour • Whitsunday Islands Powerboat Tour • Australia Zoo • Brisbane Dinner Cruise • Select Meals • Fully Escorted Trip
Popular Optional Activies: Surfing • SCUBA Diving • Sydney Extension • Cape Tribulation Excursion • Jungle Surfing Canopy Tour
- Fraser Island Remote Tour
- Great Keppel Island Tour
- Whitsunday Islands Powerboat Tour
- Australia Zoo
- Brisbane Dinner Cruise
Bask in the warmth of the sunshine and the cool of the silica sand on world-famous Whitehaven Beach, snorkel or SCUBA the magnificent Great Barrier Reef, bond with kangaroos and koalas at Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo, dance in the tropical nightlife of Airlie Beach, unwind on a dinner cruise tour of dynamic Brisbane, encounter the rich diversity of the rainforest canopy in Cape Tribulation …and much more. B: breakfast included L : lunch included D: dinner included (if no indication, client responsible for meal cost)
- Welcome to Your Adventure! • Depart from U.S.
- Lose this day over the International Date Line
- Arrival in Brisbane & Dinner Cruise (D)
- Welcome to Australia! You are now in the hands of your expert Thrive Adventures guides, so kick back, relax, and enjoy the view!
- In the evening, enjoy a dinner cruise tour of dynamic Brisbane
- Australia Zoo: Home of the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin
- Bond with kangaroos and koalas, get up close and personal with the crocs, and learn about wildlife down under
- Fraser Island Remote Tour (B L D)
- Escape the crowds and city chaos and be one of the few to see the untouched, pristine side of the world’s largest sand island. Go bush-walking, snorkelling, fishing, kayaking, and swimming… or simply sunbathe on the beach
- Travel to Rockhampton, Gateway to Great Keppel Island (B) • Experience the coastal views, vibrant nightlife, and hospitality of this genuine Aussie town
- Great Keppel Island (B L)
- Take the morning ferry to an island fringed by stunning coral gardens, turquoise waters and sun-drenched beaches… explore or relax in the sunshine!
- Great Keppel Island Free Day (B)
- • Sunbathe on the beach, swim, snorkel, or head to the island’s interior where native wildlife abounds
- Travel to Airlie Beach, Gateway to the Whitsunday Islands (B)
- Stop in Mackay for a tasty bite to eat
- Enjoy the gorgeous views and vibrant nightlife ofthis global hub
- Power Boat Tour of the Whitsunday Islands (B L) • Visit Whitehaven Beach, world-famous for its white silica sand that stays cool even on the hottest days. Join the guided walk to the Southern Whitehaven lookout, enjoy private access to Hill Inlet beach, and snorkel or sunbathe the afternoon away
- Travel toward Cairns, stopping in Townsville (B) • Enjoy an evening exploring this uniquely Australian town, home of Magnetic Island, or learn to surf in the turquoise beginner waves! Surfing lesson optional; additional cost
- Final Destination: Cairns, Australia! (B L D)
- Settle in and relax in this famous city nestled on the Great Barrier Reef. Out some “shrimp on the barby” for dinner!
- Cairns Free Day
- SCUBA dive the Great Barrier Reef!
- SCUBA diving optional; additional cost
- If SCUBA isn’t for you, the Rainforest Tour is an excellent alternative!
- Cairns Free Day or Cape Tribulation
- Optional overnight excursion to the remote rainforest town of Cape Tribulation for a Jungle Surfing Canopy and the opportunity to SCUBA dive remote areas of the Great Barrier Reef
- Cairns Free Day
- Hit the beach to relax, take a surfing lesson, or take a tour of this vibrant Australian city. Relax and enjoy yourself on our final day in Australia!
- Regain this day traveling over the International Date Line
- Welcome Home! (B)
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.