Insider’s walk-about, cuisine and art in Athens.
Athens: where the Experience will take place.
Evy Styliara is your Hostess for the whole experience.
Evy had her university education in the USA, as a qualified teacher and tutor, and has worked in the Education and Seminars sector for years. She loves letting tourists into the authentic Greek way of life and showing them the positive and beautiful side of Greece.
- Place of Origin: Pelio and Alexandria
- Lives in: Papagou, Athens
- Speaks: English and a little French
- Loves: travelling, cooking, patchworks creation, Greek traditional dances, going out with friends, photography
- Has Travelled to: Greece (islands and the mainland), many European countries, Cyprus, USA, Canada, Egypt, Turkey, Dubai, India
- Personal Traits: she cherishes Greece as well as the Hellenic culture-hospitality, and her ambition is to help her guests feel the positive & distinguished elements of the beauty in the Greek way of life
Here’s how we’ll spend the day and what we’ll do together:
1. Walk-about in “hidden” places
The guests will have a chance to visit places that are far away from the tourists’ trail, including a local flea market, in order to get an authentic feeling of the locals’ day-to-day life. They will also visit a picturesque local tavern, where they will have a chance to sample typical Greek dishes.
2. Cooking, patchwork & dancing
In an all-including mix of the contemporary Greek culture and way of life, visitors will, initially, undertake cooking sessions in order to master the preparation of typical Greek dishes. They will then follow a in-depth patchwork seminar, where they will have a chance to learn various techniques and create ornamental artifacts. Last, a Greek dancing lesson will acquaint them with traditional Greek dances.
Your adventure awaits!
We have put together an extensive array of authentic Greek experiences all over Greece, that cover your potential preferences. All experiences are carried out by friendly and knowledgeable local hosts. Go beyond typical tours and see how locals live. Explore insider's walk-abouts and off-the-beaten-track routes, meet real people in real life situations, do and learn Greek things, experience Greek culture and civilization. Get behind the tourists' facade of sea, sun, and ancient ruins and spend a day to become part of actual Greek life on a day-to day basis. You'll end up with warm lifetime memories!