- Experience Napier's Art Deco heritage
- Visit the world famous sights, suburbs, buildings and landmarks
- Learn about Napier's 1931 earthquake
- Visit the famous National Tobacco Co building and take a look inside
- Travel out to the Art Deco suburb of Marewa
The Art Deco Tour is Absolute de Tours foremost bus tour and celebrates the Art Deco architecture and heritage of Napier, New Zealand. Working in close association with the Art Deco Trust, Absolute de Tours strives to provide the most informative and authentic Art Deco tour possible. Come and learn about this bold art and architecture style in a city that is filled to the brim with excellent examples of it. Travel through Napier’s Art Deco Central Business District and up Bluff Hill to gaze out over the entire Port of Napier. See the National Tobacco Co building and travel to the suburb of Marewa.
In addition to learning about art history, learn about Napier’s history, especially the fallout from the 1931 earthquake which devastated the region. See the old Port of Ahuriri and see the ship, Veronica, that was moored there during that fateful earthquake.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.