Trip at a Glance
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Heritage-History Tour, Sightseeing
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
To Be Determined
Siem Reap, Cambodia
3 days pass Angkor & guided tour - Tour of Tonle Slap & Community - 3 Breakfasts, 1 dinners, 1 lunch - Transport
- World Heritage Site Angkor Temple complex
- Apsara Dancing – Khmer cultural
- Show and the School of Arts
- Fishing – floating community on Southeast Asia’s largest Lake Tonle Sap
Apsara dance – a taste of classical Khmer heritage and culture. No visit to Angkor Wat and Cambodia is complete without attending to at least one traditional Khmer dance performance. This ancient Khmer art form known as Apsaras (celestial dancers) has played a major part in Khmer culture for more than a millennium. It is estimated 3,000 Apsara dancers performed in the court of King Jayavaraman VII in the 12th-century. But like many other Khmer cultural traditions, Apsara Dancing and other traditional dances were almost destroyed during the Khmer Rouge period 1975- 1979 and are now still struggling to recover. Khmer classical dance is proof to show the culture of solidarity and unity within the Angkor period. Thus, Khmer people and the royal government consider the Royal Ballet a special and national treasure. In 2003, UNESCO named the Apsara dance a “Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity”.
This 3 days trip ensures that you can visit Angkor Wat while appreciating the significance of the thousands of basreliefs found on the walls of ancient Angkorian and pre- Angkorian temples by day and watch the authentic Apsara Dancing by night.
Optional Activities Include:
- Fishing/Visiting astrologers/alms giving and blessing by Buddhist monks
- Adventure cycling tour/Cambodia Squad Bikes Adventures to explore the rural areas and traditional lifestyle
in the villages
- Visit the local market with our host or Khmer Martial Art “called Bokator”
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.