Ancestral Rainforest Walk
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Adventure, Canoeing, Eco Tour, Hiking Trekking, Kayaking, Nature
$22 USD per person
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Tours run daily from May 1 to September 30
To be confirmed upon booking
Informative tour with First Nations guide, all water gear and boats and grilled salmon experience
- Learn about ancient knowledge and traditional methods used for identifying and harvesting indigenous flora and fauna
- Explore the ancestral ground of Whey-ah-Wichen (Faces the Wind) Park
- Share a unique cultural experience with your group
- Experience traditional songs, stories and drumming with First Nation guides
- Enjoy our traditionally prepared grilled salmon after your canoe or kayak experience
Tour the calm and scenic waters of Indian Arm by canoe or kayak and experience the culture, tradition and history of the Tsleil-Waututh First Nation. Take a step back in time aboard 25-foot traditional-style ocean canoes as you venture across cool and sheltered waterways. Explore the rich marine coastlines of Indian Arm and hear age-old legends, songs and stories that you’ll remember forever.
Your adventure awaits!
Takaya Tours is a First Nation-owned eco-tourism venture based in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. It has been in operation since 1999 and at the core of its business are guided interpretive paddles in replica ocean-going canoes or sea kayaks. Guests paddle in the protected waters of the Burrard Inlet and Indian Arm while guides from the Coast Salish Nation sing songs, tell legends and point out ancient village sites. Tours have been specifically designed for people of all ages and fitness levels.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.