Maharajas, Sultans, Moghuls and The Sahibs Who Ruled Delhi. Relive the life of the 7 cities of Delhi with an expert historian & film maker. He takes you to 7 monuments and tells you the tales of The Rajas, The Sultans, The Moghuls and The British Sahibs Who Ruled Delhi. Delhi is a mega city made up of 7 cities that came over a 2500 year old period. A visit 7 monument from each era to get a total sweep of the city, Delhi, includes Tour with a Specialist who specializes in the history of the Delhi Region.
Duration: 12 hours
Pick Up From Guests’ Hotel: Pick Up In Private Taxi from Location Of Guests’ Choice
Meet Your Expert At The Qutub. Tour Starts: Meet your expert at the First Monument, A Thousand Year Old Complex of the Hindu & Muslim Rulers of Delhi. Visit The World Heritage Qutub Minar. Tour Starts
Stop Over At A Reservoir Built For A Thirsty City: The most powerful Sultan of Delhi Alauddin built a reservoir to store water for the people of Delhi. This 700 year old dam is still preserved today. As you walk amongst the remnants of the building of those era.
Visit the Tomb of the Last Sultan of Delhi: Your trip now takes you to the tomb of the last Sultan of Delhi, who fought valiantly but lost his life in the battle to the Mughals. Set in beautiful gardens, Restored with care.
The Grandest City of Shahjehanabad: Visit the city of Shahjehanbad built by the Great Moghul Shah Jehan as he shifted his capital to Delhi. It was once the grandest city in the whole of Asia.
Drive By The Delhi Of The British Raj: Drive Past & Stop By For Photographs at The Imperial New Delhi Of The British Raj. See the Indian Parliament, War Memorial, President’s House, Central Vista & Palaces of the Former Maharajas
Stop For A Sound & Light Show: At The Citadel of the Old Fort Of Delhi settle down for a Light & Sound Show that tells the story of Delhi Amongst the Ruins of this 500 year fort.
Tour Ends At Dusk: Option to go for a Indian Spirits Tasting Tour
• Professional History Expert
• Private Taxi
• All Monument Tickets
• Hot & Cold Beverages During Walk
• Convenience Kit
• Complementary Craft Tour
• Trip Memento
• Lunch & Alcoholic Beverages
• Parking Fee
• Photography Fee If Charged
• Tips & Gratuities.
Know Before You Go:
• Not suitable for pets
• Infant seats unavailable
• Limited wheelchair access
• Not recommended for people with walking restrictions
• Check your phone for SMS/Email/WhatsApp from www.thesmartourist.com containing your trip and guide details
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Children must be accompanied by an adult. For Any Information or Help – +919720991156. Call Between 9:30 AM – 19:30 PM IST.
• Kindly desist from engaging with hawkers, vendors, touts and other people during the tour. Direct them to your Tour Guide.
• Avoid touching & scratching the walls & surfaces of the monument as these are heritage sites and need special care.
• Dress In Comfortable Modest Dress
• Wear Comfortable Walking Shoes
• Direct Any Vendor/Hawker/Beggar to Your Guide For Your Own Safety
What to Bring:
• Since plastic bags are not allowed in Delhi, please bring along an expandable bag in case you wish to shop for spices in the area.
• Please carry local currency as some establishments may not accept credit/debit cards.
Your adventure awaits!