Sani Pass & Lesotho Day Tour
Send Booking Request
Trip at a Glance
1st Zulu Safaris
Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Adventure, Car Tour, Outdoor, Sightseeing
R2400 ZAR per trip
Departure Day(s) and Time(s)
Transport (Toyota Quantum/ Land Rover Defender), entrance fees, tolls.
- In a 4WD vehicle, be led by private guides along the narrow road which crosses the South African – Lesotho border, 1968 m above sea level.
- Travel to Lesotho, a high-altitude, landlocked kingdom, encircled by South Africa, rich in culture.
- Start your tour 1566 m above sea level, at the Sani Pass hotel.
- Enjoy lunch at the pub at the highest altitude in Africa, sitting 2873 m above sea level.
- Take in the amazing drive along a 33 km gravel road that straddles the cliffs of the Drakensberg escarpment!
Departing from Durban, we will progress through Pietermaritzburg, the capital of KwaZulu-Natal, up to Sani Pass. The Sani Pass is a 33 km gravel road that straddles the sheer cliffs of The Drakensberg escarpment in a series of zig zags.
The Route will begin at the Sani Pass hotel, 1566 m above sea level. Drive upwards, along the narrow road in a Land Rover, crossing the South African – Lesotho border, 1968 m above sea level. Along the way up to the pass, the South African landscape of KwaZulu-Natal opens up in front of your eyes, displaying spectacular views the South African outdoors, particularly the rolling hills and vast skies. You can look forward to a delicious lunch at the highest pub in Africa, sitting 2873 m above sea level.
Your adventure awaits!
1st Zulu Safaris
We are a tour operator based in Durban, South Africa. We have been in operation since 1998. Our services include tours and transfers, with offices located at the Ushaka Marine World and the Tropicana Hotel. We have a ranged of cultural and nature tours which vary from day trips to overnight trips.
Thank you for submitting a review. It will be published shortly.