We had so much fun doling out free coffee cards earlier this summer that we’ve decided to do it again! What better way to get back to school or work than with a cup of coffee to get the creative juices flowing? And the only thing that beats a cup of joe, is a FREE cup of joe. That’s why the GuideAdvisor crew are offering a chance to win a $25 gift card from Starbucks EVERY WEEK from September 1, 2014 until September 30, 2014. All you have to do is follow us on twitter at twitter.com/guideadvisor and retweet our contest tweets, which will be sent out on Wednesdays and Fridays. It’s that easy! Not a fan of coffee you say? No problem! The gift card is good for tea, hot chocolate, cookies – whatever Starbucks offers. It’s a cinch to enter, but you’ve gotta be in to win! Again, just visit us at Twitter between September 1 and September 30, give us a follow and retweet. And while you’re on there you’ll find not only great contest giveaways but also travel tips, favourite destinations, vacation deals and the best tour and adventures guides on the planet.
The Fine Print
This contest is open only to legal residents of BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario and the Yukon (other provinces are excluded) who are of legal age of jurisdiction. Contest is also open to legal U.S. residents from one of 50 states & District of Columbia who are 18 years of age at time of entry.
No purchase necessary to enter or claim prize. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The September 2014 GuideAdvisor Gift Card Twitter Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents as stated above. Officers, directors, employees and agents of Basecamp Global, GuideAdvisor (hereby interchangeably referred to as “the Sponsor”) and their respective affiliated companies, agencies, and members of the immediate families thereof (collectively, “the GuideAdvisor Affiliates”) are not eligible to participate. By entering the Contest, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, and the GuideAdvisor Affiliates, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Contest or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules. The Contest is governed by Canadian law, is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Contest message prompts for the Contest Period are as follows:
- Happy #Humpday! Retweet #guideadvisor in our #contest 9am-9pm PT. We’ve got a $25 #Starbucks gift card ready to give away! #win
- 30 mins until tweet time. #Win a $25 #gift card to enjoy for your favorite #Starbucks java by retweeting #guideadvisor
- Aaand start! #Retweet until 9pm PT and you could #win. Join #GuideAdvisor for #free and get #discounts on #brewery #tours in #Prague.
- #RT2Win Want to #hike the #Inca #Trail? Join #GuideAdvisor for #free and get #travel #discounts. #contest
- #Free #coffee! #Retweet 2 #win a $25 Starbucks e-card. Join #guideadvisor and get #trip #discounts in #Europe. Next contest this friday.
- Don’t touch that dial. Starting at 9am you could #win a $25 #Starbucks #gift card with a simple retweet of #guideadvisor
- Aaaand GO! #RT2Win #free #coffee with #guideadvisor from 9am-9pm PT. Join #GuideAdvisor for #free and get #Italy #trip #discounts.
- Who likes #free #coffee? #RT #guideadvisor for a chance to win a $25 @Starbucks gift card. And join GuideAdvisor for #trip #discounts.
- #Retweet #guideadvisor to win #free $25 @Starbucks #coffee in our #guideadvisor #giveaway. #contest continues next Wednesday.
Limit one entry per prompt per person and per Twitter account during the Contest period. Any person found to be using multiple twitter accounts to participate will be disqualified. Limit one (1) winner per household throughout the Contest period. Any questions regarding the determination of winners including but not limited to the determination of the participant who was the first to retweet in response to a prompt, will be decided in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
The chances of winning any one of the prizes depends on the number of all re-tweets in response to any one of the prompts. The winner will be determined by random draw, drawn from the complete set of valid entries.
You may not post or transmit a tweet that contains threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any caption that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, that would otherwise violate any law, or is inconsistent with the GuideAdvisor brand image.
3. PRIZES: There is one prize available to be won per week (1 on Friday), and it consists of one (1) Starbucks Gift Card with an approximate retail value of $25.00. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted by the winner. GuideAdvisor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. An individual may only win one time over the course of the Contest. Unclaimed or rejected prizes will not be awarded.
4. REDEEMING PRIZES: Winners will be notified via Direct Message on Twitter within 72 hours of retweets being submitted. Once notified, the potential winner must respond to the email address provided by the administrator of GuideAdvisor within 24-hours of notification with complete legal name and mailing address. All potential winners are subject to verification at the sole discretion of GuideAdvisor.
As part of the verification process, GuideAdvisor may require winner to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within specified time period, or the prize may be forfeited. Neither GuideAdvisor nor its agencies are responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, delayed or damaged prizes. Before being declared a winner, each eligible participant will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question.
5. GENERAL: All federal, provincial and local laws apply. By participating, entrants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled or illegible entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Contest any person it believes has violated these Official Rules. By accepting or participating in a prize, each winner irrevocably consents to the use of such winner’s name, likeness, image, voice, performance (in connection with interviews and other recordings), biographical information, and statements relating to the Contest or GuideAdvisor Affiliates, without further compensation, in all world-wide marketing, promotion, and publicity carried out in perpetuity by any of the GuideAdvisor Affiliates in connection with this Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Contest is terminated before the end date/time, Sponsor may determine the winner from all eligible entries received as of the termination date/time. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest, GuideAdvisor may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Contest by posting a notice at www.twitter.com/ GuideAdvisor.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall any of the Sponsor’s Affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death, resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, the entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Entrants hereby acknowledge that GuideAdvisor Affiliates have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied (including, but not limited to warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize), in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Each winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered to such winner.